Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Howdy, from Wonderful Windy Wyoming!

This first post is more of a test, as I haven't the foggiest idea what I'm doing. As a primer, I plan on exhibiting miniatures, some new, some old. I just restarted painting again after nine years away, and I'm quickly getting back into the swing of things. As long as the result isn't too embarrassing, many (most) of the figs will be painted. Some simple conversions. I may throw in a "battle report" from the latest D&D session I've ran here and there, and occasionally I suspect I'll find myself posting some unrelated tidbit that has caught my fancy.

But mainly, it'll be about the miniatures. I guess I'd be considered "old school". I have a fair amount of unpainted Grenadier and Ral Partha lead, quite a bit of it actually lead. A lot of Reaper, as well. Of the "newer" companies, Center Stage and Otherworld have both caught my fancy and I'll be supplementing my collection with figures from both of these. Fantasy and ancient historical figures make up the basis of most of my collection, but, well, there is the occasional pulp, sci-fi or other miniature in the mix. As a painter, my skill level is generally table top quality. But occasionally I finish and say, "Wow, did I really paint THAT?" as I reach for the Pine Sol to start stripping the durn thing, and other times I finish and say, "WOW, did I REALLY paint that?" as I make room at the front of the shelf to display it. 

'Til next time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment